Current Planning administers the day-to-day transactions initiated by property owners who want to improve their property within the community standards, established by the Lacey City Council.
Current Planning functions include:
- Reviewing land-use applications and related development permit
- Monitoring the relationship between development permits and economic growth
- Monitoring ordinances for enforcement of environmental quality, wetland, and tree regulations.
- Participates in strategic implementation plans at the direction of the City Council for specific planning projects.
- Provides support and recommendations to the Site Plan Review Committee and Hearings Examiner.
- Facilitates pre-submission conferences.