Past Due Balance Assistance

Collections and disconnections will resume this summer.

To read more about how this may affect you, please read our letter sent to customers with past-due accounts.

Do you need financial assistance with your past-due balances?

To apply for assistance, contact the Community Action Council of Lewis, Mason & Thurston Counties (CAC) staff. The CAC oversees applications for distribution of funds for a variety of assistance grants and programs, including the Low-Income Home Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) and the City of Lacey funds, both of which are directly related to residential water/sewer assistance.

For your convenience, the City of Lacey has partnered with CAC to have CAC staff in person at City Hall on the dates and times listed below to help you easily access these services. The City of Lacey’s Utility Billing office will also have a supply of CAC assistance applications available for those who fall within the qualifying guidelines (see below). There may be other programs available through the CAC you may be eligible to receive. The CAC staff will also be able to provide in-person guidance concerning other services at City Hall on the below dates. The City’s top priority is to provide access to services and support that will prevent collections and/or disconnection of water service for our customers.

Qualifying Guidelines:

Household SizeMonthly Income
1$ 1,699
2$ 2,289
3$ 2,879
4$ 3,469
5$ 4,059
6$ 4,649
7$ 5,239
8$ 5,829

 Community Action Council Staff at City Hall (420 College St. SE)

ThursdayMay 49 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.Community Room
WednesdayMay 109 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.Executive Boardroom
WednesdayMay 179 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.Executive Boardroom
TuesdayMay 2312:30 – 4:30 p.m.Executive Boardroom
WednesdayMay 319 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.Executive Boardroom
MondayJune 59 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.Community Room
MondayJune 129 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.Executive Boardroom
TuesdayJune 209 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.Executive Boardroom
TuesdayJune 279 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.Community Room
MondayJuly 39 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.Community Room

If you are not available to work with the CAC at the dates/times listed above, please contact the CAC as soon as possible to allow time to process your application. To contact the CAC directly, please call, (360) 438-1100, and choose option 5 for Energy. Voicemail is not available at this extension. If you cannot reach a CAC agent, please call back and press 0 for the operator to leave a message. You may also send an email to info@caclmt.orgPlease be aware that City of Lacey staff are not able to accept or assist with your application process. Applications and questions must go to the CAC staff directly.

Related Pages

Related Guide