If you are new to our state, please visit the Welcome to Washington State website for more helpful information.
The City of Lacey is an inviting urban oasis located at the southern tip of Puget Sound. Acres of forests, beautiful freshwater lakes, and stunning views of Mount Rainier greet our community each day. Incorporated in 1966, the City of Lacey has a legacy of dedication to parks, culture, and recreation activities. Our relatively young park system includes over 1,263 acres, diverse program offerings, and modern facilities. Clean air and water, outstanding schools, and a low crime rate make the City of Lacey one of the most desirable places in the country to live. Fortune Magazine recently ranked Lacey as one of the top 50 Best Places to Live for Families.
Are we missing a great resource? Send it to us at PublicAffairs@ci.lacey.wa.us.
Lacey is home to excellent K-12 public and private school systems. Two college campuses are located within City limits, with several others within commuting distance.
- North Thurston Public Schools
- Pope John Paul II High School
- Northwest Christian Schools
- South Puget Sound Community College (Lacey/Olympia)
- Saint Martin’s University
- The Evergreen State College (Olympia)
- University of Washington (Tacoma/Seattle)
- Young Child & Family Center of Lacey (Design Phase News)
Although located adjacent to the busy I-5 corridor, Lacey offers a range of options for active transportation. Walk, bike, roll, and ride!
- Walking Trails
- Thurston County Bicycle and Active Transportation Map
- Bus Service – Intercity Transit
- Amtrack Train Service – Centennial Station
- Vehicle Licensing and Registration Services – State of Washington Department of Licensing
There are two Timberland Regional Library locations to serve you in Lacey: the main library at the City Hall Complex and the new library in Hawk’s Prairie.
Lacey is home to a vibrant and active senior community with a variety of accessible support and recreation opportunities.
Contact the experts at Joint Animal Services for adoptions, licenses, and other information.
Fish at a local lake. Visit a community event at our Food Truck Depot. Create your dream project at the Lacey MakerSpace. Spend the day watching local sports at the Regional Athletic Complex. There’s always something to do in Lacey.
Lacey is located in Thurston County, Washington between the Nisqually Indian Reservation and the City of Olympia, the state capitol.
- Board of Thurston County Commissioners
- Find Your Washington State Legislative District
- U.S. Senate Representation
- U.S. House District 10 Representation
- Thurston Regional Planning Council
- Nisqually Indian Tribe
- Squaxin Island Tribe
- Register to Vote
- Legislative Information Center
Start a Business in Lacey
Lacey is wonderful place to start or relocate a business. Our Economic Development Coordinator is available to help find locations, answer questions, and get you started on your path to success.
- Location Location Lacey (Economic Development)
- WA Small Business Development Center
- South Sound BIPOC Business
- Center for Business and Innovation
- Workforce Solutions
- COVID-19 Resource Page
- WA State Microenterprise Association
- Restaurant and Food Truck Guide
- Thurston County Public Health and Social Services