The City Clerk’s Office is dedicated to serving the needs of the public, while maintaining all official City records in accordance with State, Federal, and Local regulations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The City Clerk’s Office oversees the City Council’s agendas and meetings, while also providing a variety of services that support the City Council, City Departments, and residents of Lacey.
The City Clerk’s Office responsibilities include:
- Preparation and publication of City Council agendas
- Preservation of official Council meeting minutes
- Maintaining Ordinances, Resolutions, and codification of the Lacey Municipal Code
- Responding to Public Records Requests
- Scheduling and providing notary services
- Preserving contracts and agreements
- Coordinates Advisory Board & Commission appointments
- Publishing legal and public notices
- Administering public bid openings
- Serves as guardian of the City Seal