The City Clerk’s Office is dedicated to serving the needs of the public, while maintaining all official City records in accordance with State, Federal, and Local regulations.
The City Clerk’s Office oversees the City Council’s agendas and meetings, while also providing a variety of services that support the City Council, City Departments, and residents of Lacey.
The City Clerk’s Office responsibilities include:
- Preparation and publication of City Council agendas
- Preservation of official Council meeting minutes
- Maintaining Ordinances, Resolutions, and codification of the Lacey Municipal Code
- Responding to Public Records Requests
- Scheduling and providing notary services
- Preserving contracts and agreements
- Coordinates Advisory Board & Commission appointments
- Publishing legal and public notices
- Administering public bid openings
- Serves as guardian of the City Seal